- You get a 5-6 hour clean, even, burst of energy from high quality good fats
- It is useful as part of fat adaptation protocol, signalling your body to look for fat as a fuel source and transition away from a dependency on grains, high carbohydrate and sugar fuel sources which swing energy levels and cravings up and down all day
- Helps with weight-loss and improves brain function according to the BulletProof Exec
- Feel light and not weighed down in the morning digesting a heavy meal, it led to increased productivity
- 2 mugs folger's black silk coffee
- 2 tbsp high quality UNSALTED butter. The idea is to use grass-fed butter but Caitlin and I couldn't find it so we used the highest quality organic, hormone free blah blah butter we could find. Food that comes from a grass fed vs grain fed animal is apparently superior nutritionally.
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil. Unrefined means it retains the coconut flavor. (medium-chain-triglycerides, the dominant ingredient in coconut oil
Notes/Results- The taste was actually surprisingly really good. I won't go into detail because not knowing how it was going to taste was part of the fun of testing this out. Generally I wake up ravenously hungry. A cup of butter shake shuts that down in a hurry. I usually chug my coffee but there is no chugging butter coffee. Slowing this down for me is generally a positive.
I was curious as to how this would impact exercise. I immediately tested it out on a moderately hard 2.5 hr ride with pretty solid results. Good energy levels for 2 solid hours of nothing but water. I felt a bit of a dip in energy after that but until that point the energy was level, clean, and high.
However, the biggest benefit has been at work. I feel very focused and efficient when I have this coffee. It was shocking how much of a different it makes.
In short, I am sold. I have been doing this for several months now and it has become a staple. Give it a whirl, bloggers.