Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blustery Day

Hey...

Yesterday I just completed a killer workout. It was an unholy union of difficult activities. I did a 5k in the pool followed by an 85 miler on the bike in a good deal of rain followed by a 10.5 mile run. It went so well I am totally fahklumpt. Talk amongst yourselves........... My heart rate was super low on the bike with good speed and the run was a bit sub my IM goal pace and my hr was super low. I also recovered incredibly quickly. However all of that is irrelevant. My main purpose for blogging today is to plug the greatest thing since kosher hot dogs. Coca-Cola. I drank a liter of it on my run at various intervals and it was like Manna. Rocket Fuel. It made me happier than Ted Nugent polishing his firearms. I will be guzzling Coke at the Ironman as sure as shootin.

Mazel Tov for reading this.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

What a shameless plug for sponsorship. If you had to choose between coke and honey what would you choose?

TriCajun said...

I love the Real Thing too.

Michelle said...

Holy crap; 5K swim, a ton of bike miles, and a 10.5 mile run? You are a mackine! You're tapering pretty soon for IM, right?

Tracy said...

Gawd. You're going to kill IMWI!

Steve Stenzel said...

Mmmm... Coke.

And I loved the recipe on the Evotri site. I mean, I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good!

(And just so you know, I have a tri-blog too. Last time you commented on my photo blog....)