Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tony Stark

Let's set up the metaphor. Right now I am Tony Stark. Crippled and pathetic. Smart, charismatic, and good looking but that is about it. Crime fighter? No. Self-Absorbed? Check. Ironman? No.

I am in the process of building the Ironman. I'll unveil my Ironman in Florida in Early November. But it sucks and isn't ready yet. Imagine a legless Ironman suit that sputters and is about powerful enough to toast bread. However, the 1st block is done!

It took my narcissistic ass 3 weeks and here are some of the highlights.

Three long rides. two long runs, one mile repeat workout, one 40k all out followed by a hard 5k. 45+ hours of training.

Finally I get to rest and wait for the second round of construction. 5-7 days of recovery and sleep. The next block, I have to make sure the Ironman suit can fly... sort of like a turkey flies... life or death situations only. Then the block after that it should fly like a Canadian Goose! Then I'll worry about the paint job.


Before I leave... I leave you with this.

"You know, the question I get asked most often is, 'Tony, how do you go to the bathroom in your suit?' [Pauses, making relieved face] Just like that."

Pee on the bike.

Stark Out.

No comments: