Sunday, January 17, 2010

20 Hours

I have one more run to go until I finish the biggest week in my life! 20 hours of exercise. It tops a previous best of 18. I did 4 swims, 6 bikes and 4 runs to get it done. It also comes at the end of a 3 week block and I am still feeling alright. I am taking it a bit harder today to get everything out of this training block and then recover like my life depends on it. I am growing to respect the commitment of these pros who can put together 30-40 hour weeks like it is nothing... My goal is to get up to about 27 or so at least once this year and see how it goes. It seems like overkill but what's the point of doing a volume that I know I can handle... time to stretch the limits.

Also, Keep an eye out for a new Luke Mckenzie interview...

2 comments:

RobbyB said...

You're at 20 hours in a base period? Crazy!

Amanda said...

and you want to get to 27 hrs some time this year?! When will you sleep?