Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bloggin bout accidents

So it just seems lately that all my posts have been about training accidents. This is both funny for me to read later (hopefully enjoyable to you as well, dear reader) and strange that this pattern keeps occurring.
Today, I broke free and escaped my first accident. I was riding my sick BMC for the first time and absolutely shredding this park in Santo Domingo, when some horrible insect flew right into my eye. Not abnormal. Then it started stinging me right in the f*&^ing eyeball. I swerved in pain, holding onto one aerobar as I tried to cry it out. Nothing was working and I couldn't see very well. That little bug wanted just as much to be out of my eyeball as I wanted him out and he was determined to sting his way out. After much cajoling and swerving all over the road, I pulled him from his new home. IN PIECES! And... sorry to disappoint you... I DIDN'T CRASH!

No comments: