Monday, August 3, 2009

Despierto

Hello,

So I am in the dominican republic as we speak (actually you aren't speaking... I am writing... so pipe down and listen). This is my third day here and I am locked in an apartamento ahora.... I will get back to that. Oh also, get used to spanglish because I am learning espanol and it may come out like word vomit.

This country is pretty cool from what I have seen and not nearly as third world as the US stereotype dictates from what I have seen. Caitlin and I have been wandering around looking for food and other items. The food is excellent. But food is pretty much excellent everywhere. The dish that sticks out is MOFONGO. El Mofongo es hecho de platanos y la piel de puerco. En igleis, plaintains and pork rinds. It is amazing. Mira esto.


It is how you get obese on a budget. Speaking of which, nothing is cheap. In fact, quite the opposite. The cost of living, foodwise, is more expensive than california. Porque? Yo tengo ni idea pero asi es la vida.

Also, we saw a dead dog on the side walk. It was a shock to the system. It was quite dead and I think it had been shot in the head. I don't want to see it again.

The heat and humidity is effing loco and I am sweating profusely as I write and gumming up the keyboard. I wake up in the middle of the night dripping like a hot dog on a rotisserie. I am hoping I will get used to it pero no estoy seguro.

Buenas,

JP

ps. I am locked in an apartment because things lock from the inside as well as the outside. Good for ensuring that you have the keys but bad if you don't have the keys and want to escape.

No comments: