Sunday, August 23, 2009
It's a FESTIVUS MIRACLE
Yes bloggers and bloggettes... It is that time of the year again. Festivus is upon us. For those of you who find trees with tinsel distracting and unseemly, break out the pole. I am now going to start with the airing of greivances... I've got a lot of problems with you people... and NOW you're gonna hear about it.
1. I hate running around Santo Domingo and worrying about stepping on chickens. This is a city and the chickens should act like it and get the hell out or make themselves useful and fry themselves up with spices to seal in the juices.
2. Taxi drives struck a huge blow in our ongoing war by coming up with a creative excuse for overcharging... apparently gas prices had increased between 10 am and noon to the point where cab costs had to reflect it. Not happening.
2. The triathlon team punk'd me and told me the wrong time, meeting place, or something. I walked up to the normal place and I have become aware that if a man is sitting in front of a building in fatigues and holding a huge shotgun, generally the place is closed. This was no exception... so plans were drastically altered which leads to .........
THE FEATS OF STRENGTH
1. My best run yet was had today... a paltry 6.5 miles... but when it is 90 degrees and 75% humidity the game changes... I am experimenting with a walk run protocol and it is going very well.
2. I also found out that santo domingo on domingo (sunday) is like a ghost town. I don't know where everyone is but the traffic goes from making LA look like north dakota to .... well... north dakota. It was nice and I got to bike all over and found a park that is 4 miles long and closed to cars. Excellent.