Thursday, January 20, 2011

Intervals?


I haven't really done proper intervals on the bike in a couple years. I am starting into them and *shocker* they are incredibly uncomfortable. I just did 10 x 2 minutes at 405-415 watts and it absolutely turned me inside out. I felt like my intenstine was going to come out my nose. I was snarling and spitting aggressively (but in a playful manner) sort of like Animal from the muppets.

Either way the watts were balling and I didn't fade terribly. Roughly 10-15 watt drop on the last 3 intervals. The wind was stupid too. 22 mph with gusts at 30 mph. That is a lot to handle when going downhill at 35+ mph. My bike felt like it was trying to throw me off like some sort of demented micky. Overall excellent workout. I am happy to be coming into a recovery week.


No comments: