Friday, March 18, 2011

Solvang spring fling day 5

Today was completely mind blowing. Apparently the weather is supposed to be rotten tomorrow so we flipped the long run to tomorrow and the long ride to today. I wasn't pleased as my legs were begging for a day off the bike.

I started pedaling and I had absolutely no access to my top end and had whooping cough from the race the day before. Not the greatest start but my legs actually got progressively better throughout the day.

About 30 minutes into the ride, I stopped caring about how my legs felt. The route we were on was absolutely the best cycling I have ever done. Perfect roads, amazing views, no traffic, steady climbs...you name it. It was absolutely perfect rhythm riding which is my favorite type.

I got into a groove and my legs started to really feel excellent. We pushed the pace, threw some attacks, and let the down hills rip. The 5 hr ride was done before I knew it and I have just found my favorite cycling route on earth.

Just to document it so I don't forget the route, it headed out from Solvang to Los Olivos then onto Foxen Canyon then right on Tepesquet up a climb and down into a valley and finally out to Highway 166. It ended up being roughly 90 miles.

No comments: